We are currently recruiting a Grounds Person to assist with the development of the grounds to improve their aesthetic value to the company. The ground staff play a central role in ensuring traps are kept full of clays and operational at all times. The ground staff are required to carry out work off site and on other estates and other areas of the E.J. Churchill group. It is expected that the ground staff will become a recognised expert in the maintenance and installation of traps and layout design.
The main duties and tasks
- To assist with filling traps with clays on a daily basis
- To assist with keeping all areas of the ground free from excessive wadding and shatter
- To assist with maintenance of trees, shrubs, and gardens
- To assist in setting up of corporate events other than shooting
- To help maintain stock levels of clays and initiate re-ordering
- To help with general maintenance to the lodge
- To ensure all associated machinery is kept well maintained
- When necessary assist on the club with caddying
- To work as a team with all staff and effectively communicate issues raised by other members of staff and clients
- To assist with the setting of different courses both on & off of the ground
- Any other duties or reasonable requests from the management.
Health and Safety
- All staff have a duty of care to work within the guidance of the company Health and Safety Policy. In particular, all breaches of Health and Safety policy or concerns regarding Health and Safety should be reported to the Company Health and Safety Advisor.
- The Grounds Person must maintain acute awareness of their own safety and of others around them when working with machinery and also general security around the Lodge and Shooting Grounds and should abide by company procedures relating to security around the Lodge and Shooting Grounds at all times.
- The Grounds Person is to ensure that all clients are aware of club safety rules and procedures and should issue them with the relevant safety equipment accordingly.
- The above duties as listed are intended as a guide and the list is not exhaustive
- You will be required to be extremely flexible in your approach
- You will not undertake any work elsewhere without the Company’s prior written agreement and consent (due to any conflict of interests).
- This is a full time post
Please email your CV to email@example.com